IT Service Desk Specialist - Seasonal
Copper River Seafoods, Inc.
The IT Service Desk Specialist is responsible for providing full-spectrum customer support and troubleshooting for a variety of IT user support requirements in an enterprise network environment.
General IT Service Desk Functions:
- Receive customer support requests via e-mail, phone, or in person and enter requirements into the service desk trouble ticket system.
- Responds in a timely and professional manner to investigate customer support requests and to resolve customer issues and inquiries.
- Maintain accurate records of all actions performed to resolve issues using the company service desk trouble ticket system. Elevates tickets to a higher tier as required and ensures that Tier 2/3 support personnel are aware of issues when necessary.
- Assist in property accountability procedures and inventories.
Computer Installation, Troubleshooting and Repair:
- Conducts research to resolve problems.
- Troubleshoots and corrects hardware issues.
- Conducts backups and restorations of user accounts as required.
- Installs operating systems, patches, updates, and software.
- Configures basic TCP/IP settings. Diagnoses and resolves basic connectivity issues.
- Adds and removes computers from the corporate domain.
Printer and Copier Support:
- Installs and maintains local and network printers.
- Troubleshoots printer issues.
- Troubleshoots and repairs scanner, label-makers, and scale connectivity issues.
Smart Phone Support:
- Troubleshoots and repairs common smart phone issues.
- Assists users with smart phone configuration and synchronization.
- Assists users with smart phone application issues.
End User Software Support and Maintenance:
- Assists users with inquiries concerning the use and functionality of Office software.
- Installs and patches user software as necessary.
User Account Management:
- Resets user passwords in an active directory domain environment.
- Builds user accounts under the supervision of the System Administrator
- Constructs CAT-5/6 patch cables for customer support.
- Assists with the installation and management of cable distribution systems.
*Additional general technical and administrative duties as required.
- A people-oriented positive attitude is required. Ability to work with people of all backgrounds and cultures is mandatory. Ability to work in a dynamic team environment is required.
- Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must submit to a background investigation and random drug screening.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English and conduct solution research and written documentation.
- A qualified candidate will have either of the following:
- o Prefer 2 years of computer science (or related field) education at a regionally accredited institution or trade school
- o 2 years documented help-desk experience in an enterprise environment.
- A high level of proficiency with standard Microsoft Office software required.
- MTA or an applicable MCTS certification required within 6 months of hire. (Net+, Sec+ or MCSA in lieu of MTA/MCTS OK).
- Ability to terminate and test a standard EIA/TIA 568-B (straight-thru) cable within 5 minutes.
- Must be willing to travel to the lower-48 and remote Alaska locations with austere living conditions as required.
- ITIL(v)3 Foundation Preferred.
- Microsoft Office Specialist certifications preferred.
Aastra Phones, Xorcom PBX, Cisco Routers and Switches, HP Servers and SAN technology, Dell Servers, I-Phones and Windows Cell Phones, PCs and Macs, Windows thin client and thick client terminals, Hughesnet satellite package.
Microsoft Office 365 Suite, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, Citrix client, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012R2, Microsoft Great Plains, Virtual Desktop Interface and Hyper-V virtualization, Empower Time, Innova, Microsoft Dynamics, CatchManager, Auditmatic, Logix, Spiceworks, Barracuda.
Position is based in Anchorage. May require travel to CRS locations in Dutch Harbor, Kenai, Cordova, and Togiak. Position open until filled.
CRS is an EEO.
APPLICATION: Please submit cover letter, resume specific to above requirements, and 3 professional references.
Email, Mail or Hand Deliver to:
Copper River Seafoods, 1118 E 5th Ave, Anchorage, Alaska 99501
Attention: Copper River Seafoods, Human Resources
SALARY: DOE + Benefits
Updated: March 19, 2015