Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Copper River Seafoods, Inc.
The role of the Human Resources (HR) Department is to support Copper River Seafoods in managing productivity while controlling costs and always ensuring legal compliance in a fair, safe and healthy working environment. The Human Resources Administrative Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of Copper River Seafoods HR Department. This is an hourly full-time position and reports directly to the Director of Human Resources, with dotted line reporting to the CRS HR Employment Manager. This position is located at the CRS Anchorage East Plant located in downtown Anchorage. Copper River Seafoods is an Alaska-based manufacturing company.
- Ensures that the plant facility is in full compliance with all local, state, federal laws, and Copper River Seafoods policies and procedures regarding Human Resources matters.
- Provides guidance and support and directly interface with the HR Employment Manager on issues related to employee relations including employee morale, policy enforcement, disciplinary matters, hiring paperwork, onboarding, orientation, training needs, discipline, travel, etc. May assist or conduct onboarding and employee orientation.
- May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing timesheets, distributing checks, etc.
- Acts as liaison between the plant facility and Corporate HR and, ensuring an efficient and continuous flow of current information on all matters utilizing the HR/Payroll Kronos Workforce Ready System. Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of HR files and records at all times.
- May assist with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, etc.,
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies and procedures, benefits, hiring processes, etc. Refers more complex questions to senior level HR staff or management.
- Provides clerical support to the HR Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Prior office experience with a general understanding of HR and payroll regulations in a seafood industry is preferred; company willing to provide in-house training.
- Experience using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills.
- High degree of integrity and ethics. Proven track record of upholding company policies and procedures, enforcing them fairly and consistently, and safeguarding confidential information.
- Ability to work well independently and with others.
- Ability to maintain professional composure in high stress work environment.
- Consistent and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills required. Able to interact and communicate positively and professionally in person, on the phone and in writing with individuals of all levels and diverse backgrounds.
- Previous seafood industry experience is preferred; prior office experience with a general understanding of HR and payroll regulations in a seafood industry is preferred; company willing to provide in-house training.
- Ability to work long hours (up to 12-14 hours), during peak seasons. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Bilingual applicants encouraged to apply.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate Degree in related field required.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices preferred
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, co-workers, management/officers, and the public.
- Able to multi-task business functions.
- Must possess a current and valid Alaska Driver’s license.
- Position is based in Anchorage, Alaska. Position is open until filled.
- Copper River Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Salary – DOE
- Application: Please submit cover letter, resume specific to above requirements and three professional references.
- Mail or hand deliver to: Copper River Seafoods, 1118 East 5th Avenue, Anchorage, Alaska 99501. Attention: Copper River Seafoods Human Resources Department
- Or apply/submit resume online. www.copperriverseafoods.com