Copper River Seafoods, Inc.
A Seafood Processor participates in the key functions to effect efficient production and uniform product quality in accordance with Copper River Seafoods, Inc. standard for unwavering excellence and service. A Seafood Processor is responsible for a variety of functions and can be assigned to various assignments within the production department including offloading, processing, storage, shipping, etc. Processing may be broken down further into sorting, tending and operating machines, butchering, and case-up.
Shifts will vary depending on the supply of fish, and processors must be prepared to work 7 days a week and 12+ hours per day. There may also be periods of time when there are few or no hours of work. A processor is responsible for their prompt and regular attendance at times when they are scheduled to work.
- Perform repetitious duties as assigned on the production line. May work a variety of tasks, including but not limited to housing/gallery operations, quality assurance, maintenance duties, clerical/data entry functions, etc.
- Cooperate with Production Leads in rotation of personnel in the production line to maximize efficiency.
- Cooperate with Production Leads and co-workers to ensure safe and efficient production.
- Cooperate in the training of new employees in various positions including specific job duties, proper work habits, sanitation and safety standards, by setting a good example.
- Maintain a line of communication with other production personnel and co-workers to coordinate work activities.
- Maintain safe working environment in accordance with company policy by monitoring the safe use of equipment and work habits in and around the work area.
- Responsible for keeping up to date with current company policies, including those that relate to safety.
- Prompt and regular attendance at scheduled work intervals.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Minimum of 0-1 year of experience doing physical and/or manual labor.
Must be able to stand and work for long hours and be frequently exposed to undesirable conditions, including cold and wet environments.
Must be capable of repetitive motions using hands, arms, legs, and back. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Must have a basic understanding of the English language, including the ability to follow written and oral instructions.
Must be willing to work any shift, including nights.
Candidate must be willing and able to fill position at any CRS location: Kenai, Cordova, Togiak, Naknek, Kotzebue or Anchorage.
CRS is an EEO.
How to Apply:
Copper River Seafoods
1118 East 5th Avenue
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
Attention: Human Resources