Job Title: Production Manager
Report To: Plant Manager or General Manager
Position Overview: Manages all elements of production for Copper River Seafoods operations to achieve smooth, continuous operations and maximum profitability.
- Organizes staff and directs activities of seafood processing operations. Assists the General Manager in personnel requisition to staff the plant, including number of seasonal seafood processors needed, when needed and required job positions to fill, in coordination with Recruitment/HR.
- Works with maintenance/engineering department in proposing and making design changes in processing facilities and equipment to maximize plant efficiency, and in repair and maintenance operations.
- Applies modern personnel practices and two-way communications techniques to develop and maintain safety standards in accordance with company policy.
- Counsels and trains employees according to Copper River Seafoods policies and procedures. Coaches and motivates employees to achieve maximum performance and maintain high morale. Evaluates employee performance and takes necessary steps to assist employees in improving performance with the Production Foreman. Administers discipline to employees as appropriate, in coordination with Human Resources.
- Recommends capital equipment needs, methods of improvements, and tools and materials to maintain and improve competitive production efficiency.
- Maintains favorable employee relations to achieve high morale, productivity and employment longevity.
- Maintains knowledge about internal and external influences affecting the future of the seafood industry and company. Assists in managing the planning effort to accommodate new developments to maintain maximum competitive position.
- Monitors personnel requirements with staff production foreman/production leads and Recruitment/HR to ensure adequate levels and quality of personnel are maintained at all times in the plant.
- Monitors markets for product requirements, levels of production, and price levels to maintain most efficient and profitable production plan, meeting company needs and its markets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point proficiency.
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Able to manage or lead others in an effective manner to come up with desired results.
- Treat others with respect when dealing with them in a subordinate manner.
- Ability to work independently and confidentially.
- Ability to prioritize projects and programs.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Four year bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent.
- Five years plus of food processing experience, in a supervisory capacity.
- Able to plan projects involving some coordination with other departments and possibly with outside organizations up to one year ahead.
- Able to work long hours during high/peak processing seasons.
Position Base: Anchorage, Alaska
Wage Rate: Annual Salary
Please email a complete cover letter and resume specific to the above requirements and 2 professional references. No phone calls will be accepted.
Email Resume To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copper River Seafoods, Inc., Human Resource Department, 1118 E. 5th Ave., Anchorage, AK 99501
Phone: 907.522.7806 Fax: 907.274.0348
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.