Chief Engineer– CRS Operations
Copper River Seafoods, Inc.
Chief Engineer- Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of production equipment, refrigeration equipment and rolling stock. Also directs and coordinates workers and contractors involved in the maintenance or repair of buildings, grounds, and utility systems.
- Review job orders to determine work priorities.
- Supervise and schedule shifts for Maintenance department
- Ensure all daily tasks are completed to effectively meet all requirements of the facilities Process Safety Management program for refrigeration compliance.
- Operate and supervise the operation, maintenance and repair of the plant's refrigeration systems safely and in accordance with governmental regulations.
- Schedule repairs, maintenance, and installation of tools or machinery to ensure continuous production operations that also promotes safe and quality foods manufacturing. *
- Coordinates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
- Directs maintenance on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
- Manages and directs vendors responsible for refrigeration / electrical / and any other maintenance
- Assesses equipment, makes recommendations and documents repairs on standard to complex systems.
- Follows up to ensure quality of the work is performed
- Post-season ordering of parts and supplies
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or 5 plus years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of both education and experience.
- Must have previous experience with large industrial ammonia and Freon refrigeration systems
- Mechanical aptitude, resourcefulness, and troubleshooting skills a necessity
- Capable of communicating and working closely with other plant departments
- Strong ability to work in a team environment, as well as complete tasks independently
- Must be able to obtain a refrigeration handling certification
Position is based at one of our primary Alaska locations, Kenai, Naknek or Cordova.
CRS is an EOE.
Please submit cover letter, resume specific to above requirements and 3 professional references.
How to Apply:
Copper River Seafoods
1118 East 5th Avenue
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
Attention: Human Resources