Copper River Seafoods, Inc.
Manage accounting department providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company's future.
- Financial Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
This position is responsible for managing the accounting department.
A person occupying this position shall have the essential functions of:
- Execute and/or coordinate general accounting and related activities.
- Produce the monthly financial statements respecting deadlines established by Management and ensure sound management of company assets.
- Execute financial analysis, develop appropriate remedial recommendations and report to management.
- Maintain good relationships with representatives of our external financial partners.
- Audits workflow to ensure that all accounting transactions are processed accurately and in compliance with industry standards.
- Reviews and justifies expense coding within the accounting system for accuracy.
- Supervises the preparation of monthly journal entries as specified.
- Maintain balance and accuracy between intercompany accounts.
- Prepares financial statements for subsidiary companies.
- Maintain accountability of the financial resources of the company.
- Handles personally or supervises general ledger reconciliations.
- Ensures compliance with all internal controls.
- Reviews monthly closing processes to prevent errors.
- Oversees preparation of the yearly audit.
- Stays current on changes in regulations and other industry news.
- Assists CFO with a variety of tasks as needed.
- Handles special projects as requested by Management.
- Oversee the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc; funding service management, which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and check statistic management.
- Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Respond to CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- Ten years of hands-on accounting managerial experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Has excellent critical thinking as well as analytical skills.
- Exhibits strong computer skills and knowledge of relevant technology.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of financial software programs.
- Strong written and verbal skills for report writing and efficient inquiry routing.
- Well-organized with a proven ability to multitask activities within production deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information/documentation.
- Has a working knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and financial accounting standards
Position is based in Anchorage, requires some travel to seafood/harvesting processing locations.
Position open until filled. This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
CRS is an EEO.
How to Apply:
Copper River Seafoods
1118 East 5th Avenue
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
Attention: Human Resources