Copper River Seafoods, Inc.
This job description establishes and describes the essential functions, reporting relationships, position requirements, authority, responsibilities & duties, expectations and measurements of performance for the position of Driver I.
The person occupying this position shall have the essential functions of:
· Pickup and delivery of materials, supplies, and products to include loading and unloading.
· Assist in basic mechanical shop and construction tasks.
This position reports to the Director of Mobility.
High School Diploma or GED required.
This position requires a minimum of 6 month’s experience in: local pickup and delivery, basic commercial truck/equipment shop duties, or as a commercial construction worker.
Skill, Knowledge and Abilities:
This position requires an organized person who has the ability to achieve the goals as set forth by the Company. Must be able to pass D.O.T driver’s physical and Drug Test. Must have knowledge of use of basic hand tools and personal safety equipment. Must pass Forklift Operator’s Training. Knowledge of local roads and business locations.
Physical Body Positions:
The physical requirements consist of turning the head and torso, reaching, grasping, bending and flexing the arms, legs, wrists, hands, and fingers. Dexterity of fingers and wrists is necessary. Able to lift 70 lbs. and stand for long periods of time.
This position has full operating authority to fulfill the responsibilities & duties of the position as described in this job description. This position has total responsibility and accountability for the success of the operations assigned.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
The person occupying this position shall have the following responsibilities and duties:
- Perform tasks and duties as directed by the Director of Mobility.
- Achieve goals as set out by the Director of Mobility.
- Clean mechanical equipment and shop.
- Assist mechanic in commercial truck shop duties.
- Pickup and deliver materials, supplies, and products utilizing Company equipment.
- Operate forklift to load, unload, move, or stack.
- Must comply with all USDOT regulations.
- Secure and tie down loads.
- Utilize pallet jack in loading and unloading materials, supplies, and products.
- Read invoices and bills of lading and match with materials, supplies, and products handled.
- Assist in construction projects as requested.
- Assist in ground maintenance as requested.
- Loading and unloading of materials, supplies, and product from Commercial Fishing Boats.
The company will have the following expectations of the person occupying this position.
Relationships with Others
- Works well with manager and all others in positions of authority.
- Promotes a high degree of morale and spirit of motivation within the department and other departments. This includes cooperation, communication and coordination between this department and other department supervisors and employees.
- Demonstrates ability to tactfully handle difficult situations.
- Respects coworkers and company’s personal property.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers.
Judgment and Decision Making
- Demonstrates good judgment and reasoning when investigating and solving problems.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment in respecting the confidentiality of the company.
- Seeks guidance and direction in the performance of responsibilities and duties.
Planning and Time Utilization
- Consistently shows ability to recognize and deal with priorities.
- Submits required reports on due dates without follow-up from Manager.
- Performs all duties in an independent manner with minimal direction and supervision.
- Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed although not directly assigned.
Attendance and Reliability
- Arrives to work on a time.
- Always provides proper notification and advance notice of absences.
- Typical work hours will be Monday thru Friday 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Additional time may be required on an as needed basis to complete the responsibilities and duties listed above.
- Work hours may be adjusted as necessary to complete daily tasks.
- This may be a full time position and the responsibilities and duties may change as necessary.
- Professional appearance and behavior is a must.
- The dress policy for this position shall be
- Must use Personal Protection Equipment as required.
How to Apply:
Copper River Seafoods
1118 East 5th Avenue
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
Attention: Human Resources
Apply Online: https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/g1dU3Bc7R4
CRS is an EOE.