Maintenance Technician II– Full Time
Copper River Seafoods, Inc.
The Maintenance/Engineering is a service group that strives to do quality work in meeting the requirements of the Production Operations Department by providing support for the overall maintenance effort in a timely manner. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide proper and efficient operation and repairs to plant machinery and equipment. The Maintenance Technician II will assist in the supervision and training of subordinate technicians in their specialized discipline,
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Technician II
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Lead or Supervisor
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
· Responsible for the proper operation of a wide variety of complex machinery and equipment in the processing plant, including troubleshooting and fabrication. Applies teamwork to all work tasks.
· Responsible for specialized repair and maintenance in a particular discipline (such as complex electrical and mechanical devices, hydraulics, power plant operations, general facilities maintenance, processing equipment such as food grade conveyors, processing pumps, grinders, and a variety of salmon processing equipment, etc.) as assigned and as qualified. Troubleshoots, adjusts and repairs heading and gutting machines to achieve maximum recovery and quality.
· Maintains and repairs hydraulic and pneumatic system components; rebuilds and maintains pumps, motors, fans conveyors, and various equipment.
· May assist in operation of refrigeration systems. May weld and fabricate aluminum and stainless.
· Responsible for having a firm knowledge of plant layout, and a firm knowledge of the systems and/or equipment related to their specialized discipline for multiple production facilities. Must be able to anticipate plant priorities as the situation arises.
· Contributes to the overall preventative maintenance program with the current framework of Copper River Seafoods.
· Completes speedy and effective production operations and facilities maintenance during plant downtime; provides well-arranged documentation of work tasks and contributes to the overall recordkeeping effort.
· Creates and maintains a safe working environment in accordance with company policy by closely monitoring the safe use of equipment and work habits in and around the work area.
· Develops familiarity with, and conducting all tasks in accordance with, the Process Safety Management (PSM) Plan, standard operating procedures (SOPs), OSHA standards, environmental compliance requirements, and emergency response procedures.
· Maintains current and accurate information of rounds and maintenance activities.
· Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, or equivalent, plus additional training or current enrollment in or completion of a relevant technical degree or certification (preferably one involving electrical systems, refrigeration, or mechanical engineering) or related experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in production equipment repair and/or facilities maintenance; preferably with 1-2 of these years to be experience within the company at a Maintenance Technician I level.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point, and PC office environment.
- Work experience demonstrating a general maintenance and repair background.
- Welding and fabrication ability with aluminum and stainless steel preferred.
- Must supply and maintain own tools.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and be authorized to legally work in the United States.
- Able to work around seafood including several types of fish and shellfish.
- Able to work up to 18 hours per day seven days a week. Work conditions may be cold, wet, and noisy.
- Able to lift to 70 pounds occasionally during the work shift.
- Able to follow directions, adhere to work rules, and perform duties with a sense of urgency and keen attention to detail.
- Able to act, exercise independent decision making, and resolution of mechanical malfunctions in a rigorous seafood environment.
- Prompt, dependable, and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- The position requires driven machinery certifications such a forklift, expeditor truck or flatbed truck which in turns requires a valid Alaska driver’s license.
- May require temporary assignment and travel to other CRS locations in Homer, Cordova, Togiak, Naknek and Kotzebue. Position open until filled.
How to Apply:
Copper River Seafoods
1118 East 5th Avenue
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
Attention: Human Resources
Apply Online: https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/g1dU3Bc7R4
CRS is an EOE.