MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I
Copper River Seafoods, Inc.
Maintenance/Engineering is a service group and must strive to do quality work in meeting the requirements of the Production Operations Department by providing support for the overall maintenance effort in a timely manner. The Maintenance Technician I is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of plant processing equipment.
(1 ) Repairs and maintains equipment associated with the production facility including but not limited to the following: (a) defrost freezers; (b) lubrication of processing plant equipment; (c) cleaning, parts running, painting and tool caddy; (d) construction/facilities repair and maintenance to plant site, bunkhouses, and other company-owned buildings/properties.
(2) Knowledgeable of processing plant/site layout; monitors and adjusts various production plant functions such as chlorination systems, water usage and selected equipment efficiencies throughout the facility.
(3) Completes speedy and effective maintenance work during plant downtime as directed; responsible for making sure all work tasks assigned and completed are properly documented and logged for company’s record keeping effort.
(4) Maintains a safe working environment in accordance with company policy by closely monitoring the safe use of equipment and work habits in and around the work area. Responsible for keeping up to date of current company policies are they relate to safety, environmental issues, company priorities, etc. to ensure continuous improvements and cost efficiencies.
(1) Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and training in specialized areas such as refrigeration, hydraulics, plant operations or facilities maintenance, construction work, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-3 years in equipment repair and maintenance.
- Mechanical ability required.
- Able to follow directions and has the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work 12+ hours/at a demanding pace.
How to Apply:
Copper River Seafoods
1118 East 5th Avenue
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
Attention: Human Resources