Mobility Mechanic Technician - Seasonal
Copper River Seafoods, Inc..
This job description establishes and describes the essential functions, reporting relationships, position requirements, authority, responsibilities & duties, expectations and measurements of performance for the position of Mobility/Vehicle Mechanic.
The person occupying this position shall have the essential functions of:
• Pickup and delivery of materials, supplies, and products to include loading and unloading.
• Operating Commercial Trucks.
• Perform repair and maintenance of company equipment.
• Assist in basic construction, and ground maintenance tasks.
This position reports to the site General Manager (GM).
Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
This position requires a minimum of three years’ experience in commercial truck/equipment maintenance.
Skill, Knowledge, and Abilities:
This position requires an organized person who has the ability to achieve the goals as set forth by the company. Alaska Class B Commercial Driver’s License preferred, but not mandatory. Must have driver’s license endorsements required to operate company equipment. Must pass Forklift Operator’s Training. Proficient in repair and maintenance of mechanical systems to include rolling equipment, cranes, seafood processing and transfer equipment. Knowledgeable in electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems.
Physical Body Positions:
The physical requirements consist of turning the head and torso, reaching, grasping, bending and flexing the arms, legs, wrists, hands, and fingers. Dexterity of fingers and wrists is necessary. Able to lift 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time.
This position has full operating authority to fulfill the responsibilities & duties of the position as described in this job description. This position has total responsibility and accountability for the success of the operations assigned.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
The person occupying this position shall have the following responsibilities and duties:
• Perform tasks and duties as directed by the GM.
• Achieve goals as set out by the GM.
• Repair company equipment to insure safe operation.
• Maintain company equipment per manufacturers specifications.
• Perform inspections as required by USDOT and Safety Standards.
• Operate, repair, and maintain company equipment remaining in compliance with USDOT regulations
• Utilize hand and power shop equipment in a safe manner.
• Procure parts and supplies as necessary for repairs and shop upkeep.
• Report any unsafe conditions or equipment to supervisor(s).
• Complete repair and maintenance documentation.
• Pickup and deliver materials, supplies, and products utilizing company equipment.
• Perform daily equipment safety inspections and reports.
• Maintain driver’s logbook as required.
• Secure and tie down loads.
• Operate forklift to load, unload, move, or stack.
• Utilize pallet jack in loading and unloading materials, supplies, and products.
• Read invoices and bills of lading and match description and piece counts with materials, supplies, and products handled. Report any discrepancies to supervisor(s) before loading or transporting.
• Generate detailed bills of lading as necessary.
• Assist in construction projects as requested.
• Assist in grounds maintenance as requested.
The company will have the following expectations of the person occupying this position.
Relationships with Others
• Works well with manager and all others in positions of authority.
• Promotes a high degree of morale and spirit of motivation within the department and other departments. This includes cooperation, communication and coordination between this department and other department supervisors and employees.
• Demonstrates ability to tactfully handle difficult situations.
• Respects coworkers and company’s personal property.
• Maintains good working relationships with coworkers.
Judgment and Decision Making
• Demonstrates good judgment and reasoning when investigating and solving problems.
• Demonstrates excellent judgment in respecting the confidentiality of the company.
• Seeks guidance and direction in the performance of responsibilities and duties.
Planning and Time Utilization
• Consistently shows ability to recognize and deal with priorities.
• Submits required reports on due dates.
• Performs all duties in an independent manner with minimal direction and supervision.
• Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed although not directly assigned.
Attendance and Reliability
• Arrives to work on a time.
• Always provides proper notification and advance notice of absences.
• Work hours may exceed 12-hours per day, 7-days per week during peak season.
• Work hours may be adjusted as necessary to complete daily tasks.
• Professional appearance and behavior is a must.
• The dress policy for this position shall be casual.
• Must use Personal Protection Equipment as required.
MEASUREMENTS OF PERFORMANCE
The company will measure the performance of the person occupying this position according to their success in executing the following:
• Responsibilities and duties of this position
• Expectations of the position
CRS is an EOE.
How to Apply:
Mail/Hand-Deliver: Copper River Seafoods, 1400 East 1st Avenue, Anchorage, Alaska 99501
Attention: Human Resources