Copper River Seafoods, Inc.
Ideal candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of US GAAP, financial statement analysis, financial reporting, and the desire to work in a collaborative environment.
- Provides professional level financial, accounting and reporting duties for moderate to complex functional areas
- Performs month-end, quarterly, and annual closing activities and financial reporting duties, including accruals, adjustments, reconciliations, and documentation
- Monitors accuracy and timeliness of accounting processes for assigned areas
- Assist with maintaining accounting records and schedules for fixed assets
- Assist fiscal year-end, prepare external audit materials, and coordinate and communicate results with FP&A
- Coordinate with both external and internal auditors to complete financial audits and strengthen internal controls
- Manage day to-day finance transactional activities, e.g., A/P, A/R, collections, and cash applications
- Identify needed improvements in business processes and internal controls, and works closely with management to design and implement improvements to ensure compliance with GAAP and federal and state tax requirements
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Recommend, design, and implement any necessary department controls
- Other duties as assigned
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant required
- Three to five years of related experience
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems (Oracle EBS preferred)
- Advanced skillset in Microsoft Excel is critical for this position. SQL Experience is preferred
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- 2-3 Years of Management experience preferred
Position is based in Anchorage, requires some travel to seafood/harvesting processing locations.
Position open until filled. This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
CRS is an EEO.
How to Apply:
Copper River Seafoods
1400 E. 1st Avenue
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
Attention: Human Resources